Monday, September 13, 2010

What It All Came Down To Part 1

I think most people are freaked out about my decision and desire to move to South Asia next year or at the very least concerned because for them it came out of the left field.

Surprisingly, my mom has been one of the most accepting, although she has been bargaining with me regarding the number of years.  


"Just one?  Ok, no more than two.  You'll come back after two?"

This response is totally legitimate because this decision and this desire hasn't been something that the verbal processor has verbalized, and then all of a sudden BOOM after a month of a "mid-life crisis".


So I understand why people are questioning my sanity and or motives.  
People are always questioning my sanity.
Sooo...I'm trying not be irked by the questions, and if I am, it literally is, just me, and not you.


Anyways, the short of it.


What it came down to after a month and a half of living in uncertainty and anxiety was this,


"Shelly."
"Yes, Lord?"
"Sweetheart, do you remember what you said to me at the end of project this year?"
 "I said that, 'If I had a thousand lives, Lord, I'd give it all to missions."


I had meant every single word.


As for South Asia, well that's been officially cooking in my head for a year now.

3 comments:

  1. is this a FOR SURE thing then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 AM

    why didn't people question me? actually they probably did, but i'm probably way more dense haha. after urbana i was like, yup, i'm leaving. and that was that. now i'm here and i'm pretty convinced i won't be back for a while.

    people ask me if it's for the year and i just say yeah, a year at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as they accept me.

    ReplyDelete