It's funny how once I finalized my decision to leave Canada,
everything familiar,
everything comfortable,
everything safe,
everything fun,
everything and
everyone loved
began to tug on my heartstrings, beckoning me to
stay, stay, stay.
Voices whisper and call out insistently,
"Everything's finally falling into place.
Stay, stay, stay.
You've finally hit your stride on campus.
You're thriving in ministry now.
Stay, stay, stay.
Things are finally going well.
You're not burned out anymore.
You've solid community at work and at church.
Stay, stay, stay.
You have a wonderful team.
Your friends love you and enjoy you, and you, them.
Stay, stay, stay.
Stay, stay, stay.
If not forever, at least for a few more years."
These very good reasons to stay, are the very good reasons to leave.
Because it means I'll be leaving in a healthy and good state.
Not burnt out.
Not empty.
Not running away.
If I stayed for every good reason, I'll never leave.
Because there will always be a reason to stay.
It's time to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment