Friday, September 17, 2010

What I Want, What I Really, Really Want [Cravings Part. 1]

Nothing derails my entire person, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually as a lack of meaning can.

What I crave the most in life is a sense of destiny, a sense of purpose, and a sense of significance.

I think most people would've pegged my deepest craving as love.  The romantic kind.
Heck, I would've even pegged my deepest craving as love.
Just take a look at all the "I'm so heartbroken" posts on this blog.
And if my mum and my friends could say something, they would probably say:
"And remember all that griping, all that ranting, all those tears and snotty noses. "

I do crave it, but on closer examination, the lack of a boy who's in love with me doesn't throw me as much as the lack of knowing that my life is counting for something.

Losing my heart made me cry a lot.
Losing my sense of purpose caused me to burnout, manifest depressive symptoms, and experience a prolonged darkness of the soul.

It is this pursuit of meaning that has driven me all my life.
It is this pursuit of purpose that has impacted every major life decision.
It is this pursuit of significance that brought me to God.

1 comment: