Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dear Heartache,

You are starting to pack up.
Sometimes I forget that you're even here at all,
which is good for my friends
because I'm sure no one wants to hear how you continue to irk me so.
Though you have to admit they have been kinder to you than I have.

Soon you will leave.
What a relief.
It'll be so good not to have you as a constant companion,
keeping me up at night,
waking me at ungodly hours in the morning,
and poking your nose in
when all I wanted to do was to forget that you were here.

Yet at the sight of your bags, I do panic a little.
You have been overzealous in protecting my dear heart.
When you leave, I fear I won't do as good of a job.
Certainly experience can attest to that.

Maybe I will miss you a bit in a weird way.
You have been a good teacher.
But I have a feeling you'll be making check-up trips.

In the meantime I won't be throwing my heart around.

Sincerely,
Me

1 comment: