Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What the God of Love Can Do

Though afflicted, tempest tossed,
comfortless awhile thou art,
do not think thou can be lost,
thou art graven on my heart;
all thy wastes I will repair;
thou shalt be rebuilt anew;
and in thee it shall appear
what the God of love can do.

Pensive, Doubting, Fearful Heart by John Newton

I am often tempted to think that the past two years have been eaten by the locusts of burnout and depression.

Wasted.
Gone.
Never to be reclaimed.

So I cried when the Lord started whispering to my heart in the spring, "not so."

And in the summer, "not so."

"I am repairing and building you up for something more."
"You will see what I can do."

I am seeing what the God of love can do with two years of darkness, and I am amazed.
That He can use two years of darkness to heal the brokenness of 20 some odd years.
That He can use two years of shattered pieces and hopelessness to bring wholeness and hope.
That He is rebuilding anew.

 So again when He whispered this morning, "You will see what I can do..."

I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment