Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tears

As I proceed more and more with this whole, "I'm packing up my life and moving next year" bit I keep thinking that next year will be full of tears, and I'm ok with that.  It's part of the transition.

I told J.S. today that I can fully see myself one month in, sobbing over McDonald's chicken nuggets wailing, 
"I miiiiiiiissss Canada."

As one STINTer told me: "Expect the worst.  Hope for the best."

If I'm challenging students to go for broke in missions, by God's grace I should be able to do the same.

On a side note: the fact that I can facebomb anyone at a click does comfort me.

4 comments:

  1. That's a good quote, "Expect the worst. Hope for the best." I'll have to remember that. Maybe even frame it or something. :)

    Do you know if anyone else is applying to go to South Asia?

    Know of anyone who wants to come with us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of anyone else who is applying. I think there are a few that are thinking about it. Nor do I know of anyone who wants to go with you. I'm praying and hoping for at least another girl from Canada to go. Or a husband. HA! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:28 AM

    bring sentimental stuff with you. you've moved in the past, so i'm sure you'll be fine. homesickness hits the worst when you're holding onto things at home, when you don't have friends where you live, and when things are happening at home. the first two are somewhat in your control. love south asia with everything. don't hold firm to canadian culture but embrace where you're at. the second, put tons of effort in making new friends. it makes life super amounts better. it's not like you won't be back. a year isn't horribly long. besides, i've been told that the first year is super exciting because everything is new, but year two is rough because you've been there a year. yay for year two :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for year 2, and 3, and 4, and so on...

    ReplyDelete