Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dearest Self,

I finally like you for you. 
I mean, really like you. 
It's comfortable, it's enjoyable, and it's freeing.

You are a good person to be in the sense that I no longer want to be that someone else so I can fit in, gain approval, feel significant, and be loved.
I like all your quirks (and there are many), your talents, your personality (loud), your passions, and yes, even your occasional neurotic obsessive compulsive behavior. 
(You don't really need to have a specific pen just for the purpose of filling out forms, but hey I'll live.)


I'm glad that hard times has taught you to find true satisfaction and true joy in Jesus.
I'm glad burnout broke you down so that Christ could build you back up without the chains and shackles 
I wouldn't want it any other way.

I know you're not perfect. 
You're learning to find the balance between your newly found freedom to be yourself and not crossing the line into sin.
And not being obnoxious.
You are far, far, faaaar from being like Jesus, but
I'm learning to show you grace, and also to not stand in the way of God's grace to you.

 I like you.

Sincerely,
Me

1 comment:

  1. I like you too for what it's worth. :)
    <3 from your roomie.

    ReplyDelete