Friday, February 03, 2006

do not be wise in your own eyes...

fear the Lord and shun evil. Proverbs 4:7

i confess i have been wise in my own eyes.

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we wil live and do this or that. " As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. James 4:13-16

So an addendum as Lydia would say to that "post". If it is the Lord's will...
I'm open to being sent anywhere. I forgot about last semester when I realized that none of the plans that I planned out for myself ever panned out. The only thing I ever got right was going to university. It's funny and sad how I forget the lessons that God teaches me so fast. So the only thing that I am positively certain of right now is my call into full-time ministry and the rest is as God wills it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ava, this post is for you. I've been learning to always assume the best of people. Recently I've noticed that I've been assuming the worst of people, and it's not a good idea to do so. In a way, it's like slandering them in your own head. It hurts for people when I assume the worst of them especially when it's not true. So I'm going to try to not do that anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also realized that my style of communication is direct-direct. I say it like it is, and I appreciate it when people say it like it is. In a nice manner of course. Constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment