Saturday, April 03, 2010

Vengeance is From the Lord, But I Couldn't Resist...

Tonight was the joint Good Friday service between my church, my former church, and two others.  I had been looking forward to it for a month or so now.  Never has Good Friday and Easter Sunday been so meaningful to me.  The past few weeks have been instrumental in my experience and understanding of Christ's unfathomable and magnificent love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

That said, I definitely pulled an awesome prank tonight.

I owed one of the students involved in our movement money for books that he purchased for me with his employee discount.  Little did I know that he had told everyone that I had paid him to keep me company...until he told me tonight.  Even worse, people actually believed him, which makes me wonder what kind of vibes I'm sending off on campus...c'mon now!  SERIOUSLY?  Even one of the other staff believed him!

So since I was there with Bono and her brother, whom no one knew.  I went up to said student and Bono's brother who pretended to be my boyfriend, and confronted him.

He looked scared.

I laughed.  Out LOUD.
Repeatedly.
For the rest of the night.

(You could call it cackling.)

And no, he still does not know that I do not actually have a boyfriend unless he read this or someone told him.

No comments:

Post a Comment