Like Israel, at times I doubt God's sovereignty, goodness, faithfulness, and love .
Sometimes doubt slowly seeps into my heart.
Sometimes doubt stealthily creeps in.
Then there are times when doubt MARCHES RIGHT in and turns everything topsy- turvy.
"Was it because I said...?"
"Was it because I am...?"
"WHY?"
"Why not...?"
"If I..."
"Maybe if I did that or didn't do that..."
"How come...?"
"Did I screw myself over?"
"Am I screwing myself over?"
"Will I screw myself over?"
Questions, ruminations, and speculations throw my heart into a frenzy of maddening panic, grasping at the unknowns, the have been's, and the could have been's.
Yet it is not answers that calms the storm within.
Into this tempest, the Lord speaks and asks "be still and know that I am God."
Know that...
"... [I] can do all things, and that no purpose of [Mine] can be thwarted."
Job 42:2
"... for those who love [Me] all things work together for good."
Romans 8:28
"...no good thing do [I] withhold from those who walk uprightly."
Psalm 84:11
"[I] Who did not spare [My] Own Son, but gave Him up for [you], how will [I] not also with Him graciously give [you] all things?"
Romans 8:32
No comments:
Post a Comment