Monday, November 23, 2009

Read My Mind

~ "Yay for globalization."

~"There are downsides to having Bollywood soundtracks on your iPod. Like having to constantly to fight the urge to burst into song and dance when in public."

I was shooting downtown in the middle of Front Street on a median with cars flying by on both sides. It was tempting to pretend that I was in the middle of a Bollywood flick. Luckily, I don't know Hindi because by now I might be committed to a mental institution."

~"Mother-in-laws are scary, scary people in general."

~"Bacon."

~"CRAP. I think I left the oven on with the baked potato in it. Is my apartment still standing? (Mental image of oven exploding into flames) .....Well S.A. looks like she got stuff from our place before church so I think we're good."

The apartment was still standing, but the potato was not edible.

~"I wish my heart would catch up to my mind already. I hate the 18 inches from head to heart. Why does it always have to play catch-up in everything?"

~"We are going to finish this movie just to see the love story."
Me, alone, sans brown roommate, 30 minutes into Jodha Akbar, a Bollywood movie that lasted for a loooooooooooong time with TERRIBLE subtitles that were misspelled, mistimed, grammatically incorrect, and for the most part completely nonsensical. I guess my stubbornness comes in handy for some things......

5 comments:

  1. i think you are officially more brown than i am.
    i don't know if i am ok with that.
    i'll probably download hindi songs for my ipod so i feel better about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pri- I think you're still one up on me. You've got the language, ya? And the clothes. And the jewelry........

    But, since we're making this a competition...........hehehehe.......I'll take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabitha9:53 PM

    i would love to see you break out in dance in the middle of the street. fun times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. i DO have the clothes. but no jewelry. i vote that we take my saris, wear them, eat brown food and watch a brown movie together. how have we been friends for so long and not made this happen?
    anyway, all this to say i miss hanging out. another date in the middle of yonge street (or something) soon ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tabs, I'll think about it. Maybe at WC, late at night....I'll throw in some random mispronounced hindi too.

    @ Pri, you should just come over one Saturday night. Saturdays have turned into Bollywood nights.....
    My white roommate will think that I've gone completely off my rocker when we dress up. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete