Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Because Girls are Superficial Too...

You know guys are given a hard time for being superficial when it comes to the opposite gender, but if we're really honest, girls are really superficial too.

The Scene: While watching New Moon:

"Ooooo...he's CUTE! And I think he's around my age? Uh? Shelly, he's 17. You're 24. That's SEVEN years older." CRAP.

The Scene: After the movie.

Friend: "I would totally throw myself off a motorcycle for a guy like that to take his shirt off for me."

Me: {insert train of thought from duration of movie.}

Friend: "Crap. I take back what I said about the motorcycle, but not really."

Later on...

Friend: "24 and looking at younger men..."

Me: "And so it starts."

(It = cougar tendencies.)

So this is all to say, Bollywood and New Moon are doing nothing for me and having realistic expectations.

Public Service Announcement:
Men in real life do not usually have eight packs. Nor are their chests usually meticulously hairless and oiled. You want character. CHA-RAC-TER. Repeat continuously.

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahaha!!!

    CHA-RAC-TER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. char-ac-ter is like an eight pack for the soul. REMEMBER IT!

    also, you want naturally-built character, not steroid-induced character!!

    ReplyDelete