Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Wish List

Addendum: I was and still am fully convicted of my rabid materialism before writing this down, but the things were floating in my head and I just wanted to put it down. I am reevaluating my wants.

Starbucks
1. Berryblossom White Tea
2. Any ceramic mug
3. The reuseable tumbler that looks like the tumbler they use for their iced drinks.
4. Gift Card
5. Matte Red Double-Walled Stainless Steel Travel Mug

Music
1. Glee Cast 1
2. Glee Cast 2
3. Any U2 CD that's not "No Line on the Horizon" and "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb."
4. Marie Antoinette Soundtrack
5. Neyo- Closer


Movies

1. Hero
2. Elizabeth
3. Marie Antoinette
4. Into the Woods
5. Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley)

Books

1. A [GOOD] Winston Churchill Biography
2. How the Caged Virgin Sings by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
3. Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth by Margaret Atwood
4. The White Man's Burden by William Easterly
5. An Imperfect Offering by James Orbinski
6. PostSecret by Frank Warren
7. Sartorialist by Scott Schumann
8. Canon Rebel XSi Companion Book
9. National Geographic: The Photographs By Leah Bendavid-Val
10. National Geographic Ultimate Field Guide to Photography: Revised and Expanded by National Geographic

Scents

1. Ralph Lauren- Blue
2. Ralph Lauren- Ralph
3. Tommy Hilfiger- Tommy Girl
4. Victoria's Secret- Love Spell
5. Gap- Dream

Make Up
1. Cargo- Sunset Beach Blush
2. M.A.C. Lipstick- Diva
3. O.P.I.- Gold Nail Polish

Educational

1. Rosetta Stone Software [French]
2. Rosetta Stone Software [Spanish]
3. Rosetta Stone Software [Japanese]
4. Rosetta Stone Software [Arabic]
5. Rosetta Stone Software [Hindi]

(Can you imagine if I became fluent in all these languages? I'd be able to go ANYWHERE in the world. ALMOST.)

Hi-Tech

1. Adobe CS4 Premium Design Suite
2. Light Room Software
3. Canon Wide Angle Lens
4. Apple Time Capsule
5. iMac

Pies in the Sky

1. Piano lessons to get me all the way up to grade 10 and beyond.
2. A grand piano
3. All expenses paid trip to Greece and Italy.
4. A loft downtown
5. A Flute
6. An authentic, thorough chinese/indian/thai cookbook in english.
7. Baby blue mini cooper
8. A new tattoo on my right foot.
9. All expenses paid trip to Gion, Japan and insider access.
10. Bono

3 comments:

  1. I still remember watching Pride & Prejudice for the first time at FOP and at the end when Mr. Darcy is kissing Elizabeth and you just got up and left and said, "I can't handle this!". I smiled...because in a way, it was totally true.
    Who says you need nudity in movies to communicate a point? :)
    I also smiled because it was such a "Shelly" moment.
    Recounting this has made me miss you. See you next week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vanizzle I don't remember that, but it definitely sounds like me. I probably still can't handle it. I miss you too. Can't wait to see you and the babies. :) Well, Noah's not a baby anymore technically, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31 AM

    That's a great list! I have never found anybody who liked the movie "Hero" and I thought I was all alone.
    I also like the language list. It would be awesome to speak that many languages. I'm trying to learn Spanish and Russian through a school's Rosetta Stone online classroom (http://www.cbcwebcollege.com/shopcart) which gives me three months of complete access to all of the Rosetta Stone languages and levels. That means I have 1 month left to get further than the first three lessons in Russian. Or, I'll have to re-up for another three months. It's only $48 so that's not a budget buster.
    National Geographic is an interesting choice. I'm afraid that the organization is going to disappear like so many newspapers because of the Internet. I hope not. My Grandfather collected the monthly magazines and I still get a kick out of reading them.
    Hope Santa brings you everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete