This morning I woke up. I went to my bathroom, and at the sight of newly organized lipsticks and eyeliners I thought to myself with a jolt, "I'm an adult now." Those aren't my mom's lipsticks that I'm dying to try out and play with.
Those are mine.
Bought with my own money.
That I chose.
That I wear.
Technically I've been an "adult" for seven years now going on eight, but inside I've always viewed myself as a teen inside. It probably didn't help that in the past four years that I've been earning my own bread and water that I've lived much like a college student so there was no lifestyle change at home to force the full mental transition from youngster college student to young adult.
But at the stroke of twenty-five something inside inexplicably clicked.
"Ok, NOW I'm growing up. It's time to get my act together."
There's been a mental shift, or maybe plural, "shiftS".
Those are mine.
Bought with my own money.
That I chose.
That I wear.
Technically I've been an "adult" for seven years now going on eight, but inside I've always viewed myself as a teen inside. It probably didn't help that in the past four years that I've been earning my own bread and water that I've lived much like a college student so there was no lifestyle change at home to force the full mental transition from youngster college student to young adult.
But at the stroke of twenty-five something inside inexplicably clicked.
"Ok, NOW I'm growing up. It's time to get my act together."
There's been a mental shift, or maybe plural, "shiftS".
No comments:
Post a Comment