Sunday, January 09, 2011

Of Risks and Dreams

My high school motto was carpe diem- "seize the day" in latin.  

I like to think of myself as the fearless type of person who never misses an opportunity, but it just hit me this Christmas that I'm not.

I'm actually quite rick-averse.  I like to hedge my bets.  I like to have back up plans, and back up plans for my back up plans.  

I want to succeed and I am terrified of failure, but that has shaped me into the type of person who will only try something if success is guaranteed.  In other words, cowardly.

When it comes to dreaming, success is rarely guaranteed, and in the past I've always shrunk back and opted for safety and security rather than taking that risk and going forth into the unknown.   There always had to be some shred of security. 

But this year I'm going to head into the unknown and chase some dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment