Sure, I'm 23...going on to 24.
Sure, I've been on my own since 17.
Sure, I'm bringing in a paycheck being a working girl and all that, but I don't think I'm actually that responsible.
Responsibility, I have recently realized isn't defined by past accomplishments or age, but it's determined by my present actions. SURPRISE SURPRISE! REVELATION! SOMEONE GIVE ME A PRIZE!
It's weird because I've always thought of myself as pretty responsible, but there are definitely areas which has recently been brought to my attention where I have been irresponsible. Work commitments, church commitments, finances, and just even being on time. Funnily enough, watching Confessions of a Shopaholic was convicting. I think I've actually regressed in responsibility.
But how to become more responsible and less stressed? The obvious answer? Take on less stuff because if I were to be fully committed and responsible for everything on my plate I'd go nutso AGAIN. Ah, but what a blow to my prideful and misguided "anything you can do, I can do better" mentality. I have to remember that I am not the saviour of the world, that position is filled already.
No comments:
Post a Comment