Monday, July 06, 2009

On Balance

This weekend was a hiking, photo-shooting, elk-eating, fireworks watching, white-water rafting, and a bit of studying sort of weekend.

[As I type this J.S., is annoyingly reading over my shoulder correcting every word, in other words, backseat blogging. Good thing he doesn't read my blog otherwise I'll always get comments on my grammar. Well now I think he's going to go try to find this sucker, and make said comments.]

Anyways I digress.

This is all to say that this weekend has been a "good for my soul" type of weekend. It was busy, yes, but it was the type of weekend that prepares you to face the new week rested, refreshed, and rejuvenated, ready to chomp at whatever life throws at you. RAWR. It was just the type of weekend that I needed.

Being thrown back into a busy, scholarly lifestyle, made it easy to go right back to living a very imbalanced lifestyle. I was once again caught up and swept along by the currents and demands of the circumstances of life. Go to class, study, eat, sleep, play. Before I knew it I was getting overwhelmed, and stressed again, feeling swept along by the waves of life. I didn't even notice that something was up until my mood dipped and I got the feeling of clinging on for dear life again. So I decided to slow 'er down for the sake of my long term sanity. I'll thank myself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment