It's one thing when you're packing for a 6 week mission trip to a developing country, but it's another when you're packing for an extensive trip to a developed country. The former I could care less how I look, the latter I want to bring my entire closet and shoe collection.
It pains me that I cannot bring that sweet pair of teal kitten heels that will match that one top because....it only matches that one and only that one top. Woe is me.
What a privilege it is to have such a silly dilemma when there are millions around the world languishing for the want of food and water, the basic necessities of life when I can fret about how many pairs of shoes to bring along to a trip.
Then there's the fact that I am even going somewhere on a jet plane. And also the fact that I even have things to pack.
Privileged and blessed by God indeed for I did not do anything to deserve living in this country. I could have easily been one of the underprivileged.
No comments:
Post a Comment