Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Subconscious Speaks

In my dream I'm back in school. It looks like my junior high in New York City. Dark, dingy, and dreary. Like a jail.

It starts off well. I have my books, and I go to class. But quickly, little by little I start skipping and slacking. Then before I know it finals are next week. I haven't attended any lectures, and have completed none of the readings. The knowledge of impending failure is certain, and in my dream I start to panic.

The first time I dreamed this dream, I was cramming at the end. The second time, I completely gave up, and was trying to drop the courses before the course drop deadline.

I think my subconscious is trying to say something, like the fact that maybe just maybe I might be stressed about my IBS readings?

The irony is when I was in university there were definitely some courses where I skipped completely and didn't do any readings until the few days before finals. Yet I never had such dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment