Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fa-Fa-Fa-Family

For family, I would export myself to the states.

Visiting my family is like stepping into a pool of warm sunshine from the coolness of solitude.

The Fives (Family Edition)
I love...
1a. Hearing the "baby, sugar, honey, sweetie," and all those terms of endearments that my dear aunties use.
1b. Trying to learn grace, gentleness, and sweetness from observing my beautiful aunties.
1c. Basking in the unconditional, selfless love of my mummy dearest.
2. Teasing and joking with my uncles; saying that I need to get my assisting the elderly badge by helping them; trash talking over Ticket to Ride games; asking them questions about boys.
3. Giggling over a yearbook behind closed doors with my little cousin D. as he shows me the girls he has crushes on.
4. Having Starbucks and Bookstore dates with my cousin J. We're two peas in a pod.
5. The feel of N.'s head on my shoulder when I carry her around when she's pooped out.

All this in the desert beauty of Arizona. Ahh...

For family, I would export myself to the states...were it not for the conviction of my calling specifically to Toronto with Campus for Christ, and the inspiring vision of Grace Toronto. Were it not for that, I would be giving my one year's notice, and requesting a transfer to the South.

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you are called to TO because you would be dearly and sorely missed if you exported yourself.
    love you and glad you're having such a wonderful time with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family sounds fantabulous. woot.

    so likee....i miss you. i hope the other country is being nice to you.

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is such a sweet post shells. glad you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete