Thursday, March 02, 2006

a "sustainable hobby"

well in ID, the definition of the term "sustainable" is highly volatile, but here i take it to mean something that i can keep up. so since realizing that i officially have no life, i've been on a brain journey to figure out what kind of hobbies i could have that are no or low-cost, enjoyable, and maintainable. most of the ideas that i have are to dig my old hobbies out of the woodworks. they worked for me before why not now?

right now i can:
1. bust out that drawing how-to book. maybe i can finally master conte?
2. go to the gym regularly, just in case i can paddle this summer.
3. start practicing piano again even if i can only play those two songs.
4. read more except good fiction is hard to find these days. books are either too smutty or too new age-ish. any good fiction recommendations?

when i have an income i can:
1. take dance lessons.
2. learn how to cook like a pro.
3. watch musicals, ballets, plays, and go to the symphony
4. take piano lessons

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this crazy week is finally drawing to an end. i'm so thankful that God has been so gracious to me with school work. i just kept getting the "right" journals for the report. the math midterm was mostly review from last semester, and the geography midterm wasn't hard at all. thank You, Lord. i would have been completely spent otherwise. i'm still pretty exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:48 AM

    You know, I used to think that I'd like musicals and ballets and stuff, but it turns out I really don't. I saw the nutcracker recently, and I was kinda...bored. (But a while back I remembered liking Giselle) Plays are pretty cool, though.

    You know, I think you make a good point that we should each have a hobby. I think it's awesome that you're trying to get a sustainable one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:41 PM

    short fiction books to read:
    the five people you meet in heaven
    Tuesdays with morrie
    the alchemist (i never finished this one)

    humour short stories collection:
    stories from the vinyl cafe

    science fiction:
    ender's game

    fiction made into movie:
    Shop Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks jena! i didn't know you read ender's game. i still remember in high school how steve was always obsessing about that book.

    ReplyDelete