I wish I could say that as soon as I started popping my meds, things started to look up completely. Granted the spiraling catastrophic thought patterns have stopped, but some other symptoms continue to linger. It does take a full two weeks for everything to fully kick in after all.
Some days are bearable and some days are still bad.
Like today.
My first thoughts were "Lord God, help," as I awoke to the day, and to the sensation of falling apart on the inside. I managed to get out of bed to check some pressing work emails, but promptly went back to bed because I felt like I couldn't hold myself together. There I stayed for another 3 hours, willing myself to sleep though I was not tired so I didn't have to deal with the depression.
I went for a run later, but the despair and hopelessness that I felt still did not lift.
Then mid-afternoon it was like someone flipped a switch, and I felt like myself again.
Depression, it baffles me.
No comments:
Post a Comment