Thursday, October 14, 2010

Singleness and Marshmallows

My desire for a relationship can be compared to that marshmallow experiment that they do with kids.

You know the one where they give a kid a marshmallow, tell her that if she waits, she'll get two more later.  Me being the kid and a man being the marshmallow, and the husband being the second marshmallow.

I've had so many older people tell me if I wait the right guy will come along and then I'll be so happy that I didn't settle for just anyone.

I had and have a hard time believing them.
So I would dive for that first marshmallow whenever I got the chance.

Also because I would think that the first marshmallow was the second marshmallow.
Still following the marshmallow analogy?

This is all to say, I'm seriously impatient amongst other things.



This is why my mum worries.  Can't blame her now. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    i totally blogged on the same experiment and men hahaha. great minds...? maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I'm not sure about this advice. Maybe it only applies if you actually have a marshmallow in front of you. I mean, waiting is a good idea if the marshmallow you have in your hand is moldy. But if you also believe that in general marshmallows are good, then why not go for the first one round - I mean at least give it a good shot. I think so many times we use the 'I'm waiting' card because when it comes down to it we are scared.

    ReplyDelete