Monday, February 08, 2010

Fallible!

"I am sure of this."
"Maybe this isn't right. Nah..."
"Ok, I could be mistaken."
"Oh, but I assumed...."
"I misunderstood. Shoot."

"Oh wow, I'm wrong. Craaaaaaaaaaap."

It weighed me down to come face to face with my fallibility today.
I just HATE to be wrong.
Then the surprise at the fact that I am fallible crushed me.
Because it revealed the old me that I thought I had gotten rid of in the past year through my experience of burning out, but there she was staring back at me.

The mentality of being perfect until proven otherwise. (And I was proven otherwise.)
The pride, the arrogance, the hubris of assuming that I have it all figured out and down pat in life. (I don't. And realizing that was unsettling too.)
The reliance on my own wisdom. (Still trying to be self-sufficient.)

I always forget that I am a sinner in much, much need of grace from God, and I always have a very very hard time receiving that grace.

Sometimes grace is hard to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment