Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just a [Few] Moment[s] of Panic

Ever since 2010 started, I've had minor moments of freak outs about turning 25. It just seems to be really getting up there. In my mind at least.

You know the thought of "25, and still single". The clock is a-ticking!!! Before you judge and label me as whatever, let's be honest and say that not a lot of women would really want to be in my shoes. I have to say though that I'm not surprised. When I joined staff I had expected this. Actually I had braced myself for a lifetime of celibacy.... But I had hoped and prayed for something different. This is not to say I'll never get married, but anyways I digress.

I have moments of panic, and then reality sets in. The doer in me wants to do something about the situation, but really what can I do? Everything in this area is completely out of my control. Timing, attraction, calling. The guy could be all the way around the world right now for all I know.

So the only reasonable thing to do is to calm down and go on with my merry little life.

This is me doing that.

1 comment:

  1. Tabitha3:14 PM

    are there that many non-single 25 year olds around you? i don't think it's an age where you need to be freaking out necessarily. i know i'm not one to speak, but very truly, at 25 you're still a youngen.

    ReplyDelete