Saturday, January 09, 2010

Achy Breaky Heart

My laptop was stolen New Year's day. So here I am blogging on my iPod.

Last night my red point and shoot was stolen as well. The loss of irreplaceable memories and expensive electronics combined with an intense homesickness, loneliness, and the dreariness of winter, makes for a sad January indeed. I was hoping S.A.D. wouldn't hit quite as hard this year with the help of cipralex, but it's here, and by God's grace I am coping.

It's hard not to wallow in self pity when everything in me is inclined to curl into a ball and wallow. The lethargy is the worst. The not wanting to do anything.

It's a weird realization that I'm not as strong and independent as I imagined myself to be. It makes me wonder and worry whether I'll actually be able to hack it overseas longterm... But then again today has enough worries of its own. The Lord will provide the strength and we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

2 comments:

  1. Yah, its one day at a time for sure. My counselor reminded me to get outside into nature as much as possible even if its cold or wet. I find it does help. Fresh air, water, and trees can even give you a bit of a buzz! :)
    love ya. sorry the days are rough. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha3:17 PM

    i'm sorry things are so rough. i hope 2010 lightens up for you.

    ReplyDelete