The last time I auditioned for something was back in university. There hasn't been anything to entice me since due to a lack of opportunity. Add on to that, the memories of the few auditions that I went for and bombed, and whatever incentive I would have had to audition dwindles. In fact, I can't recall a single audition for a show or a dance troupe that was successful.
Nevertheless this Tuesday night I'm going to stick my neck out to audition for a all girls swing dance troupe. I haven't taken any of the lessons or know any of the choreography so I'm going in cold turkey. I don't have all that much confidence in my dancing skills (see above paragraph), but the possibility of maybe making it and being a part is enough to tip the scale in the favour of going for it. If I make it, I get to perform and compete.
After all what have I got to lose? As my high school motto says, "carpe diem!"
Here's to hoping.
Fun! I hope you get it! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd even if you don't...it's an experience/story to tell, right? :)