Thursday, September 03, 2009

Frustrated

Weariness burns the inside of my eyes like peroxide. And I should know because I accidentally placed contacts lenses soaked with solution containing peroxide in my eyes multiple times this summer. It hurt.

But that's what it has felt like for the past few days, and it's not for a lack of sleep. I've gotten my fair share of 8+ hours of sleep a night plus some major nap time in the afternoons, but lucidity still eludes me. I walk around in a haze of fatigue.

I had thought that my energy was returning to me this summer, but I guess I was wrong. With the increased pace of my life, my energy has dissipated even faster.

And I am very frustrated to the point of tears.

Because there are so many things that I want to do, that I would be able to do, if I was just healthy.

Recovery is taking too long...or so I think.

All the while I wonder, where is the gospel in this? How should I be preaching it to myself?

1 comment:

  1. lately, i have been feeling rather hopeless. and itz weird because from an outside point of view, things look not so hopeless... i'm about to start my masters (in divinity of all things!) yet i too wonder how does the Gospel fit in the hopelessness that so easily invades my senses and my soul. and the question of "is it enough to make the pain go away and hope to come alive?"

    ReplyDelete