This year is definitely a year of firsts.
My FIRST proposal happened this year. That would be Creepy Man (Tanzanian Edition). More to come in the next post. But for this post something a little closer to home.
On Tuesday I was sitting at Yorkdale Mall on hold with Fido renewing my service agreement. It was a long hold. There I was sitting, daydreaming, when an old, old, OLD man of about 50-60 with a FULL head of gray and white hair comes up to me.
"Excuse me," he says. "Might I just say how lucky your husband is to have such a gorgeous woman as you as his wife."
I smile awkwardly.
"I'm not married," I respond. First mistake.
"Your boyfriend then."
"I don't have a boyfriend." Second mistake.
"Then if you don't mind me asking how might a man like me get a date with a beautiful woman like you? I treat women very well."
No. way. I just got asked out for the first time in 6 years by a CREEPY OLD MAN with A PICK UP LINE. By this point I was in complete shock and disbelief that this guy had the audacity to approach someone 40 years his junior. It was hard to choke back a full fledged laugh as I told him I wasn't interested or looking.
Then I bolted for the subway. Immediately.
CREEPY indeed!!!!!><
ReplyDeletebahahaha. that is pretty hilarious. it's true eh, we gotta lie to streanger-men about our single status or things just get really awkward. i had a similar experience with a neighbour...eek!
ReplyDelete