For every major decision that I had to make I've had to eat my words.
When I was in high school and my friend Dave was heading off to university I scoffed at the fact that he was going to go to the University of Guelph. I thought to myself, "Who the heck would go to Guelph?!"
Then I actually CHOSE to go to Guelph.
My last year of high school I spent most of my economics class making fun of BAs. We mocked BAs because we thought it was such a useless degree. They'd end up filling up all the Mickey D's.
Then I CHOSE to switch to a BA program from a BCOMM.
When the Lord first called me to missions I adamantly said no. Missionaries don't make any money.
Now I'm on staff.
Tonight looking back at the archives of my old blog I found this:
meanwhile.....i have got to stop saying that i dislike canadian ministry. that might as well be saying "hey sign me up for canadian staff!!!" i've got to be open to anything and everything at any cost. my mouth goes shut now. i wonder if i already sealed my fate. oh geez more words to eat.
Yeah for Canadian staff!
Now I've learned to seal my lips regarding any major life decisions especially since the next major one would be marriage. Unfortunately I've already sworn that I wouldn't marry several guys. The good news is that I can't marry them all unless they all died one by one. So...here we go. We'll see how this all turns out in a few years.
Woah, careful there! You might have just doomed a bunch of guys to an early death!
ReplyDeleteyou are hilarious.
ReplyDeletean even more interesting post would be a list of the guys you've sworn you'd never date...;)
ReplyDelete-Warren G.
you're on it warren. jokes. or am i? :P
ReplyDelete