Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Very First Campus Ministry Days and Staff Conference

I.
LOVED.
IT.

It was pretty much awesome chilling with THE coolest people alive, fellowshiping, learning from Jesus, having fun, worshipping, and of course eating lunch with Mark Driscoll. I had a BLAST.

Campus Ministry Days Highlights
~Laughing at all the MET jokes during Module 1. Then as I was looking around I noticed it was only us young 'uns laughing. I felt immature. :P 'Tis good to be at the bottom of the food chain again.
~Being back in high school in the Module 1 classroom.
~Daily walks with B. Mitts with synched iPods.
~The CUTE babies
~The older staff that just ooze coolness, wisdom, and godliness. "You're so cool! I want to be just like you."
~Ticket to Ride. My new favourite game.
~The food! It was sooo good. I was so sad I couldn't eat more because of my silly stomach.
~The P and W. 'Twas so refreshing.
~Hanging with THE funnest staff team ever. YEAH Toronto. I love my team.
~The list goes on...

Staff Conference
I just have to say that having Mark Driscoll as the speaker for my first staff conference pretty much made my entire year. Yeah that's right, year. It also helped that two friends and I got to go eat lunch with Mark and his personal assistant on the last day. Jesus really spoke to me through Mark's sermons, and I took away a lot from those talks.
I'm still munching on them in my head. That man just loves Jesus, his family, and knows his Bible. I pretty much want to be like him. So in summary, I really admire and respect Mark Driscoll. Listening to him speak in person was the best way to kickoff my staff career.

Other comments.
~I am in dire need of exercise because I had to walk up all the hills when Lyds and I went biking.
~I love having my own bed at staff conference. Woooo-hoooooooo. No sleeping stiffly because I'm scared I'm going hurt someone with my violent tossing and turning. No profuse apologies the next morning for tearing the blankets away. That said no need to give disclaimers to potential roommates. Just me and the pillows. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment