Thursday, April 26, 2007

Building Into the Next Generation

Carolyn McCulley often encourages women on her blog Solo Femininity to build into the next generation even as singles. Being in Arizona, I have the rare opportunity to hang out with my CUTE cousins, and build into them. They are THE sweetest, cutest, loveliest, most tender hearted kids. So I love them to bits and pieces.

Today I got to go to their school and have lunch with Drew, my little boy cousin who's in second grade. We had subs and then we watched him play soccer with the rest of the boys. Man, are they rough! I was shocked. That's definitely something I'd have to get use to if I ever have sons.

Then tonight I got to take Jordan, my little girl cousin who's in fourth grade out on a date after dinner. She reminds me of me when I was her age. She loves books and arts, my two favourite hobbies. We went to Barnes and Nobles, the States' equivalent of Chapters, and hung out there for 1.5 hour browsing books. It was fun being in the kids' section and reading all the books.

Afterwards we went to Starbucks for some awesome coffee and settled down to read a few stories out of Jesus Freaks, this book I bought Jor for her birthday. It was so cool. She sat in my lap. We read the stories and then we talked about being persecuted for our faith just a wee bit, and we prayed for people who were being persecuted around the world. I wish they lived closer so I could hang out with them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment