It's settled. I'm staying here in Canada for this coming year. STINT is a no-go, at least for this year. I'm a bit disappointed, but not really. Both options had its perks and challenges. There's a part of me that's a bit relieved that I won't have to support-raise my entire salary within two-three months of graduation and then jet off to another continent. Although I'm still praying that I'll be on campus by next September.
No need to sell off the furniture. No need to pack and move everything back to New York. No need to miss out on experiencing the "firsts" of staff with my friends.
One more year to train and prepare. One more year to enjoy the freedoms, the comforts, and the beauty of Canada. One more year to improve my language skills. One more year to get to go to Summit and WC. OH AND THE POSSIBILITY OF GOING ON PROJECT AS STAFF.
Hey so overall I think I'm actually pretty pumped about staying here.
Come on OEX '08 with Matt Rice and I!!!
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to make it even better than this one cause you KNOW that OEX '08 will be the best one EVER!!!
I'm glad you're pumped.
ReplyDelete:)
I'm glad you're staying. :)
Cool :) Do you know yet where they may want you? Maybe come out to the west? It's better out here, or at least flatter and colder... um, scratch that last part. Anyways, if you want to get out to East Asia it will happen, I am realizing it really isn't "now or never", God doesn't have to work that way.
ReplyDelete