Monday, February 12, 2007

Roses are...black?


Baccara. Baccara roses. Black roses.

Technically they're not black. Dommage. I actually thought that they were genetically modified to turn black, but they're just an intense deep shade of burgundy. Nevertheless the 2 feet Baccara, Pierre, in my room is simply regal. It's absolutely breathtaking. I can go on and on...

Driving to church yesterday I noticed the quaint flower shop near the Salvation Army church advertise these black beauties and I knew I just had to get one. One cool thing about growing up is that I can finally achieve some childhood dreams o' mine. This being one of them. I took a zillion pictures of Pierre, because sadly he's not going to last, and Guelph doesn't come by Baccaras easily. Nor can I justify filling my vase with one weekly.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Have you posted any pictures of Pierre? I must see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete