Every girl needs a few older women in their lives.
Women who have walked a little further down this road of life, who can help you navigate the rough terrain, and I've been superbly blessed with a few of these women in my life.
Tonight I had dinner with M.L., her husband, and her adorable baby.
We talked about everything, and there were so many sound bites of wisdom and humour that I just had to dedicate a post to her words.
"You're not dead yet."
This was in response to my lurking fear of making the wrong choices in life.
"You're reformed. Don't go back to school. You're just going to get married and have babies."
Upon finding out my theological leanings after I explained my quarter-life crisis, and the options upon options that I have, of which school is one.
"You're going to marry a pastor! I know it."
After I explained my frustrations with the current state of the local church, the potential that I see it has, and why I prefer parachurch ministry more.
Women who have walked a little further down this road of life, who can help you navigate the rough terrain, and I've been superbly blessed with a few of these women in my life.
Tonight I had dinner with M.L., her husband, and her adorable baby.
We talked about everything, and there were so many sound bites of wisdom and humour that I just had to dedicate a post to her words.
"You're not dead yet."
This was in response to my lurking fear of making the wrong choices in life.
"You're reformed. Don't go back to school. You're just going to get married and have babies."
Upon finding out my theological leanings after I explained my quarter-life crisis, and the options upon options that I have, of which school is one.
"You're going to marry a pastor! I know it."
After I explained my frustrations with the current state of the local church, the potential that I see it has, and why I prefer parachurch ministry more.
No comments:
Post a Comment