Monday, July 12, 2010

Weaning

I'm now into my last week on my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors.  Read: Anti-depressants.  I just love putting it out there.  "It" being the fact that I am on anti-depressants, and am now coming off of them.  Because:

1) Anti-depressants, they've still got that social stigma about them, and everybody kinda still keeps it hush hush.  Nobody really talks about it.  So I like to talk about it, in hopes to help remove the social stigma.

2) I'm a shock value kinda girl.  I get such a kick, shocking people within limits of course.  Oh the things I could do...
Note to self:  Boys with conservative parents will probably not like me as a daughter-in-law.
Self: Duly noted.

Ok, away from the tangent.  I love my meds, and I would hug them if they were a person, but they're not, so I can't.  But now we part ways because I don't need them anymore, and I really don't want to go through the trouble of finding new anti-depressants after they've been stolen in a foreign country, and then going through a week of withdrawal symptoms  if I don't really have to.  Some chick in Asia is having fun with my Cipralex right now...

I was definitely paranoid at first, jumping at every mood flux.  At one point I was a bit worried about a prolonged mood dip... until I reminded myself that I've been in suburbia for about a week. 

So we're good.  And by we, I mean, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment