Pride blinds you to the faults in your life.
So the surprise that, there is indeed that certain flaw in your life, adds salt to the wound of, someone or something letting you in on that "secret".
"What do you mean I'm (insert your flaw of choice here)?"
For years my mom told me that I was too emotional, contentious, bad-tempered, irresponsible, rash, arrogant, moody, and on and on, but I never really believed her because she was my mom, and it is a stated law of nature that everything one's mom says is always negated.
I never believed her until now...
When others have shown me directly or indirectly as the result of conflicts, or situations, or just plain love and concern that, surprise, surprise, I'm not perfect, and that everything my mom pointed out was justified and sadly is very, very true.
Usually when the flaw is pointed out, it grossly glares at you, until you want to run and hide, but where can you run and hide from yourself? I want to change, but I can't change fast enough so I have to live with it for now, but how can I like myself like this? How can others? How can God?
That one flaw is enough to remind you that you are broken and crippled. Damaged goods. Less than perfect, and in a world that demands perfection or at least the appearance of perfection, who would want you?
Jesus.
Jesus wants me. Damaged goods and all.
As is.
And He paid full price.
No comments:
Post a Comment