Single men who actually want to learn how to dance,
who aren't sketchy or creepy,
who are friends,
who won't get the wrong idea about being your dance partner are hard to find.
They're rare, but they exist!
My roommates and I saw an advertisement for free salsa lessons at the local pub. We wanted to go, but we had no partners and who knows what kind of random guys would be there. Luckily for us a few of my guy friends actually WANTED to learn to salsa. I didn't even have to cajole, cast vision, list pros, or doing anything else to persuade them. It pretty much made my day.
We were talking about guys leading in any kind of social dancing and one of my friends said something to the effect of, "Even if I suck you still have to let me lead." That really struck me as a good example of the complementary roles of Biblical manhood and womanhood. When dancing the guy has to lead and the girl has to follow in order for the pair to dance well, period. The pair won't move in unity if either steps out of the bounds of his or her role.
I had more to say, but I'll save it for another day. I left this post sit on the backburner for a long time as it were.
No comments:
Post a Comment