Be Aggressive, Be, Be, Aggressive
You'd think the last thing your mom would tell you is that you're not aggressive enough when it comes to driving or at least when it comes to switching lanes. But that's what mine did. When my mom was here this past reading week she was getting annoyed with the cowardice that I displayed when I was attempting to get to the other side of those dotted lines. I guess compared to the way New Yorkers drive, anything less is cowardly. Plus Guelph took whatever edge I had out of my driving skills these past four years.
But I am a wimp no more!
After four weeks of MPD, weekly trips into Toronto, and more than 1000km on the highway, coupled with mom's New York way of switching lanes, I am a confident, bona-fide lane switcher, and city driver. (But not a jerk.) I no longer balk at the thought of switching lanes multiple times to get to an exit, nor am I doomed to drive as slow as a turtle if I have the misfortune to be stuck behind a slowpoke. Nor do I wait until there's absolutely no oncoming traffic or wait until the traffic's 10 km away before I switch.
This girl's got her city driving groove back! YEAH! Now I fully enjoy driving. I think before I gave off the idea that I didn't enjoy driving, which was somewhat true. I didn't enjoy driving only when I was driving under circumstances that scared me. i.e. snowstorm, rainstorm, heavy traffic. But now I fully enjoy it because I have so much more control over my car. The only downside is coming back to Guelph puts a cramp in my style because of the sudden increased numbers of police cruisers coming out of the woodworks. I remember thinking to myself that I needed to go online to familiarize myself with the Impala logo so I can identify police cruisers easily. Sigh.
I need to obey the speed limits.
I need to obey the speed limits.
I need to obey the speed limits.
Haha, I remember when you were driving me to the airport. We had to go a whole roundabout way because someone else was in the lane you wanted and we missed the exit :)
ReplyDelete