Last Saturday I took the night off and went to the Hillsong United concert with Becky, Hannah, Amanda W. , Shona, and we met up with Selina, Aban, and Amac at the Molson Amphitheatre.
It was...uplifting to be there praising the Lord with 12,000~ other people. It's the one "concert" in my memory besides Passion where I actually came away feeling full instead of empty. There's something about the lyrics to Hillsong songs. I was praying them as I was singing them. My favourite song of the night was "I Stand". I think it was the other girls' as well. "Take it all" was a close second for me.
Aside from the spiritual aspect it was uber fun to hang with the girls. There's just something about them that even if we were just bumming around the couch it would be tons of fun, but throw in the concert and the fun factor just skyrockets through the roof.
Highlights
~ the awkward moment with the random teenage boys from NY. Awkward, but funny so it's a highlight. Besides I've had worse.
~ getting free CDs
~ getting V.I.P. seating courtesy of Miss Wong
~ headbanging in the car and showing those high school girls in the car next to us just how cool university grads can be.
~ blasting "Mighty to Save" at the loudest volume that my little Honda's speakers can play because sadly it's not a "United" song. *tear*
~ afterwards we went to Korean BBQ at Commerce Gate where we had all you can eat for $8.99. What a steal! It was really delicious and I had unlimited plum juice. Yum. The best part was when at the end when the waiter was clearing our table Becky started to sing "take, take, take it all." Hahahaha
Lowlights
There was just one lowlight. Very frustrating. On the way down to Ontario Place we were guessing the price of the parking for this massive event. We speculated that it couldn't possibly go higher than $15. That would just be ridiculous.
When we got to Ontario place we drove around looking for parking close to the entrance, but we eventually had to turn back to the parking lot farthest from the entrance. As we inched up to the ticket attendant to pay for our parking, we saw the sign say $12. We rejoiced because that was $3 lower than what we had expected. BUT! Just as we were one car away, the attendant came out of the booth with a big magnet sign, took off the $12 sign, and replaced it with the magnet that said $20. Booooooooooooooooooooo! So in the end we had to pay $20!
I would have expected $20 for parking. Highway robbery it is...psh!
ReplyDelete