Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Divine Appointments

I love MPD because a person can witness God do crazy things and see prayers answered.

Last week I was praying for more contacts. That same week I had my newsletters printed up.

"That's good work you're doing there Shelly," the printer guy said to me when I went to pick it up. We spent a few more minutes chatting, and then I leave. As I drive away in my car I realize...
"Hey! That guy was a Christian. He seemed interested in campus ministry. Have I not been praying for contacts?"

"Go back and ask Him!!!" One voice in my head screamed at me.

"No that'll be so WEIRD," another one protested.

(Please note, I am NOT a schizo)

I pulled into the parking lot of my next appointment debating with myself whether to go back or not. Finally gathering all my courage and blanking my mind to block out all my fears I drove back to the printers and asked for an appointment. He gave me a business card and asked me to contact his dad. End of Divine Appointment Story #1

This past Monday I was anxiously online doing some administration because well, I didn't have much else to do. My contact list was starting to dry up like a creek bed at the beginning of a drought. One of my friends who I've been trying to meet up with came online, and we tried setting up a time. It just so happened that he was very free at that very minute for the whole day. Well so was I! I quickly jumped into the car and drove to the Loo area. When I walked into his apartment to meet him who should be there but another one of my friends who I haven't seen since high school. We set up a time to meet up on Tuesday, but in the end he tagged along too.

But that's not where God's hand on the whole thing ends. Two weeks back I had been referred to a pastor in T.O. I was just told to call the pastor up. To be honest...I was a bit apprehensive about calling up a pastor point blank, but I was going to do it. It just so happens that friend #2 goes to said pastor's church and was close to him. Who do I ask for a favour? Friend# 2.

Mmmmhmm...God is gooooooooooooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment