tonight i went to my very first bachelorette party.
pause.
wow. still letting that sink in. bachelorette party. my friend's getting married. lauren is getting married. yiiiiikes. another milestone on this journey we call life. i'm growing up, but i don't feel like it. i still feel very much like a girl...but with more freedom.
it was fun, lauren was GORGEOUS, and i'll stop at that. no secrets shall be divulged. :) i'm glad that i'm a girl. mhmm-hmmm! i was really struck with how fleeting this season of life is. sooner or later everyone will be married off and busy with their families. with babies and diapers it won't be that easy to get together on a whim and just party. there will be responsibilities and...commitments. even if we don't all get married, we're not going to be getting any younger that's for sure. the day will come when we'll be going to bed @ 9:00pm because we just can't physically cut late nights anymore. we won't be young forever.
wherever i am, i need to be all there, and cherish every moment.
hear hear!
ReplyDeleteHear Hear...but this is sorta terrifying...I want to party on a whim for life.
ReplyDeletehaha oh josh, don't we all? :D enjoy it while it lasts! hahaha..hey does this mean we're commitment-phobes?
ReplyDeleteAww...I'm so sad I couldn't make it. I really wanted to...but would you believe I had two bridal showers in one day? In Whitby? Sigh. So much driving.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to hear about it. :D
xo