I am going to invest in a shotgun...for my [yet to be born] baby boy(s) because apparently little girls growing up these days are getting predatory too.
[EDIT: In retrospect, I realize I'm going to become one of those dreaded mom-in-laws. Before they get married anyways. I'm ok with that.]
Yesterday I found out that my ten year old cousin got asked out by a little girl.
On the phone.
My brain exploded.
[Apparently another parent of tween sons banned phone calls from girls because the little girls were pursuing like no tomorrow.]
WHAT?! EXCUSE ME?! My precious 'lil cousin!
There are so many things wrong with this picture that I don't even know where to start.
Like the fact that ten year old girls are asking boys out? Dude, I couldn't even make eye contact with my crushes until university much less utter something more coherent than "hi". I'm still working on coherency, but I digress.
I attempted an intervention.
Keyword: attempted.
How do you explain to a boy of ten that...
he doesn't want a girl who is forward like that?
[She had chutzpah in asking, I'll give her that, but it also means other things as well...]
he shouldn't settle for her just because she asked him out?
he should pursue and persevere for the girl he likes...eventually?
[Because TEN is way too young.]
he wants a girl with character and that personality doesn't equal character?
he wants a girl who loves Jesus too?
I tried, and he asked "why?"
And I said, ask me again in six years, and I'll tell you.
But time is of the essence. I have influence now. How to wield it?
[And poor little girl. What influence does she have in her life that's made her so forward? I can only imagine the boy drama to come. Groan.]
oh drama.....
ReplyDelete