Thursday, December 24, 2009

CRAP! I Just Ate My Prince?!

The Scene: Dinner at one of my aunties after spending the afternoon watching The Princess and the Frog. My auntie waltzes in with a stack of pizzas, one of which is BBQ chicken by special request... mine.

Auntie L.H.: "Guess what Shell, they had BBQ chicken. What my baby niece wants my baby niece gets."

Me perking up at the opportunity: "How about Prince Charming?"

Auntie L.H.: "Except that."

Me: "I guess I'll just have to start kissing frogs."

[Amphibians that is, not creepy humans. Too bad that we already had Kermit and his friends for dinner a few nights ago. That is exactly why the princess in the Princess and the Frog would never be Chinese. She'd eat him before he ever got his kiss.]

Auntie L.H.: "No, you just need to start hitting up more bars. That's where I met my Prince Charming."

[Please note: that my auntie is one of the sweetest non-sketchy women out there, but she actually did meet my uncle at a bar. He happens to be a very godly man. A great husband and father. Good-looking too.]

Me: "I'm going to quote you on that!"

Auntie L.H.: "Don't tell your mom I said that."

Cousin S.S.: "Just stay away from the New Mexico [something] toads."

No comments:

Post a Comment