Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wall

The rubber has hit the road. I've hit a wall in terms of support-raising. I am pretty much out of contacts in Ontario. I've a handful of contacts left to contact, whom I just can't seem to reach. Referrals are in short supply. I didn't expect it to happen this early on in game, and I was definitely hoping that it wouldn't. This new development brought with it a plethora of feelings.

It's a mix of relief, helplessness, fear, and excitement.

Relief, because Ministry Partner Development is proving to be stretching. A challenge has come up. Not everything is honky dory. I was starting to think I was a bit abnormal for not really been challenged. My situation is not weird after all. Now I have a chance to put my faith into practice. To have the opportunity to stay true to my commitment to the Lord to be joyful, grateful, and faithful when the hard times come. To bless His name when the sun's not shining.

Helplessness, because well really what can I do to change situations and move hearts to prompt people to gather courage to give and to refer me to others? That is only something God can do.

Fear, because the unbelief in me whispers, "What if He doesn't come through?"

Excitement, because I know He will faithfully provide for all my needs, in wondrous ways. The unknown makes it even more exciting. I can't wait to see what twists and turns God will take me through to bring me to full support.

Pray with me for more contacts, and to God be all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment