Monday, March 05, 2007

Just When You Think You Know a Person...

...you find out that you don't.

Silas tagged me for "5 Things People Don't Know About Me" chain. the deal is that you list five things people don't usually know about you and tag 3 other people to continue the chain. Well hopefully my list of five things will boggle your mind. That's my underlying agenda.

1. Throughout all of high school, most of my preparation for post-secondary education was for art school. I was planning on going into animation or design. Business was my second choice, but I chickened out at the last minute because a college education was not as "prestigious" as a university education in my head. No pressure from mom. And I was scared of being a starving artist on the street because I had confidence issues. Sometimes I question this decision, but I have no doubt that God brought me to the University of Guelph for a reason. Now I don't think I would really care if I had a prestigious education or not--probably due to the fact that I'll get my pricey piece of paper in three months, so I think I would go to art school. Perhaps art still will be in my future someday.

2. In high school I tried out for the Miss Chinese Toronto beauty pageant, and when I was rejected, I was REALLY REALLY upset. In fact I threw a hissy fit. Literally. Sometimes it still hits a sore spot.

3. Sweet "girly" girls usually irritate me before I get to know them well because they remind me of what I am not, sweet and "girly". I know there are issues here. But who doesn't have them?

4. I have a barely visible, but still visible nonetheless scar on my right cheek [of the face not of the rear] from a dog bite that I got when I was in grade 3.

5. My worst fear is that someday I'll walk away from my faith not because I don't think it's true anymore but because of exogenous reasons such as temptation, hardship, torture, etc...

I tag Low on the Go, The Fish, and Kijirs

2 comments:

  1. i think you're very much a girly girl - ur more like what the jews refer to those born in israel as a 'sabra' - its a fruit that really hard on the outside, but very soft, tender and delicious on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite the compliment from dan there...i hear you on number 5. i fear the same thing. also, i just posted my list... ;)

    ReplyDelete