I love bargains. It must be the chinese in me. Why pay full price for something when you can get it for a lower price?
Some of my favourite deals:
1) Getting an authentic $90 (excluding tax) Paul Frank watch for $15 BRAND NEW
2) Campus Crew pants for $10 for two years now, but not consecutively
3) Paying $7 for a brand new skirt that was about $30-40
Then today I paid ONE loonie for an orchid. They usually go for about $40+ per plant. There was a clincher on the this one though. The bloom broke off, but it's still alive. The trick now is to make it bloom again.
where did this orchid come from?
ReplyDeleteok, maybe i'll be way off base but this is what came to mind when i read your blog. God looks down at us (let's say me or you) and smiles. An angel comes over and he sighs "look what i just bought" (ok, maybe the wrong word but this is just off the top of my head). The angel looks at it, squints and looks at it again. She shakes her head saying "but it's broken, why buy that one?". God smiles a bit and says "it looks broken but it's still alive and the trick is now to make it bloom/shine again"
ReplyDeletekatie v. you're super-smart.
ReplyDeleteas if!! woman where do you get these deals!
ReplyDelete"I love bargains. It must be the chinese in me. " haha! i actually laughed outloud when i read that.
ReplyDeleteand wow, great bargains! i can't believe you got an orchid for a buck. fabulous and ridiculous at the same time!
Shelly, the chinese in me totally would be bragging about this too. man, if I bought a broken shoe for a deal I might brag about it. (PS. I totally just watched Shaolin Soccer, thus the broken shoe reference.)
ReplyDelete