"Starbucks runs into a forbidding PR attack."
When I was at the Forbidden City, I was really peeved at the Starbucks that was housed there. Now I am as much of an aficionado of Starbuck's as any other coffee lover, but to see a Starbuck's in the Forbidden city was such an insult. So much so that I tried (unsuccessfully) to boycott it. Despite my lack of self-control I was still annoyed at the multinational corporation because you don't see Starbucks at other cultural sites. i.e. The Louvre or The Pyramids.
So when I read the the almost full page article on how Starbucks is getting bad PR, I felt vindicated. The article is in the National Post, and expresses much of my sentiments exactly.
"All I want is for Starbucks to move out of the Forbidden City peacefully; quietly. And we'll continue enjoying Starbucks elsewhere in the city." Amen brother!
Uh oh. Now I desperately want some Starbucks...and to go to the Forbidden City. I think I'm in a highly manipulatable mood. Shells, you should be in advertising!
ReplyDeleteShells, I hear ya.
ReplyDeleteno way man.
ReplyDeletepeople need coffee.
wherever they go.
way to go starbucks for providing valuable customer service.