Ahem, so I don't know if you've noticed, but since the beginning of this year there hasn't been much depth to my blogging, but I have...
Why?
Well, let me take you back a few years ago when I was a wee lassie only slightly more immature than I am now, sitting across a cafe table talking with my mentor when she shared with me her struggles. It was an "Aha!" moment for me as I discovered that other people. didn't. have. it. together. either. Really. People are just as messed up as me if not more so.
Her vulnerability encouraged me that I wasn't alone, and that I wasn't the only messy one that God, you know had to love, and so I decided to bring my vulnerability to this blog to cheer someone, anyone out there that you're not the only messy one that God loves, and He so dearly does love you as He does me.
But upon reflection over Christmas break I wondered was it too much?
How much is too much?
What is discretion?
Where is the line?
Is there a line?
And so in trying to figure this out, I held back.
That and the fact that this year thus far has been drama free.
Whew.
Even if that is a bit boring for you. ;)
Well what do you think?
DoI just expose myself in the name of vulnerability?
Where is your line when you blog?
Why?
Well, let me take you back a few years ago when I was a wee lassie only slightly more immature than I am now, sitting across a cafe table talking with my mentor when she shared with me her struggles. It was an "Aha!" moment for me as I discovered that other people. didn't. have. it. together. either. Really. People are just as messed up as me if not more so.
Her vulnerability encouraged me that I wasn't alone, and that I wasn't the only messy one that God, you know had to love, and so I decided to bring my vulnerability to this blog to cheer someone, anyone out there that you're not the only messy one that God loves, and He so dearly does love you as He does me.
But upon reflection over Christmas break I wondered was it too much?
How much is too much?
What is discretion?
Where is the line?
Is there a line?
And so in trying to figure this out, I held back.
That and the fact that this year thus far has been drama free.
Whew.
Even if that is a bit boring for you. ;)
Well what do you think?
DoI just expose myself in the name of vulnerability?
Where is your line when you blog?
i think about this a lot. how vulnerable is too vulnerable, etc.
ReplyDeletei've decided there isn't a line. i just have to go with my gut (trust Jesus) and say what I need to say. i also need to check my heart on WHY i say what I do, and make sure that potentially emotional topics have time to simmer down/rest before i emotionally barf into the eternal entity of the interweb.
Sound wisdom Beth.
ReplyDeleteI think part of my conundrum also comes a clash of cultures. There's always my mom's voice in my head essentially saying "don't air your dirty laundry" in a slew of chinese proverbs, but as I've learned in the past not all vulnerability is bad.
my blog makes me sound like a drama queen, which i can be in many cases. i think it's important for people to know that your blog is a limited view of who you are and how you think. i say blog your heart away as long as it is not tearing down specific people.
ReplyDeletebe as open as you want to be open. but be as wise in opening up as you want to open up.
ReplyDelete