Friday, January 16, 2009

The Saga of My Tooth

Me: "I can't believe that you remembered me."
My Dentist: "You're my most expensive patient."
Me: "I've invested a lot of money into this tooth too. I could have a huge diamond engagement ring by now."

Later on...
Me: "I have nightmares about all my teeth falling out."
My Dentist: "Why don't you dream that this one does?"

Even later on...
My Dentist: "I should've taken the tooth out when I had the chance."
Me: "If you take it out now I'm going to gold plate it and put it on a necklace."
My Dentist: "I want half of it. You can have the part with two roots. I'll take the one with one root."

At the end...
My Dentist: "Wow I've known you for SIX years!"
Further exclamations about being old.
Me: "I'm sorry I make you feel old."

7 comments:

  1. that's awesome. What a fun dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... and you're fun too shells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. thanks! he did make the visit that much more enjoyable. i like banter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so did u gold plate it? where's the necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:37 PM

    lol, hope things are going well in Toronto, despite missing one tooth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:40 PM

    I have those dreams constantly. This is interesting:

    http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

    ReplyDelete